We believe very strongly in the benefits of consultative (or solution) selling. That is, listening to what your prospective customers’ issues and needs are, then coming up with a suitable solution to meet these needs.
Traditional product sales people tend to lead with product/service features and benefits, telling the prospect how great it is and what it can do for their business. However, to be truly effective, sales people must first understand the customers’ motivations, so they can sell more effectively – or actually walk away more quickly, having realised that there is not a good fit.
shoodan.com has a range of training packages to fit your needs. These have been developed over many years and like all of our work, are based on real world experience, as opposed to pure theory.
Our consultants are not professional trainers, they are business professionals that can train. They have been in many of the customer situations that you or your team have and can draw on countless “war stories” to bring examples to life and quickly gain the credibility of the audience.
We offer standard, off the shelf packages that we have already built or can provide tailored courses to specifically meet your needs. The latter can include complex role play scenarios to put your team into similar situations to those they might find themselves in with a real prospect – these are great for providing more of a “real world” feel and can also help you to assess individuals’ performance.
Standard packages include:
- Consultative selling: the basics – a two day course covering:
– The sales process
– Overcoming objections
– How to qualify opportunities (selling is 80% qualification)
– Creating a Return On Investment model
– How to manage opportunities from lead through to close
– How to stay ahead of the competition
- Sales Team Management – how to get the most out of your team. A two day course.
– Defining the sales process
– Managing the sales funnel/pipeline (all of the opportunities you are currently working on)
– How to spot problems and how to fix them
– What key things should you monitor and why
– How to assess if your team has a good handle on their deals
– How to focus your team and your teams to improve performance
- Managing bids more effectively. A one day course.
– Deciding whether or not to bid
– The bid process
– Defining roles and responsibilities for individual bids
– How to increase your win rate
– How to better qualify bids
- Lead Generation, the basics. A one day course.
– Understanding your market
– Understanding your proposition and messaging
– How to target and communicate with prospective customers
– How to manage leads when you get them
– How to monitor success
– How to justify the investment in lead generation
If you have any issues in your sales process, one of our workshops could provide the solution.